Teacher of Guitar
Hume Conservatorium is a growing, vibrant community that is much more than a Music school. This is a great opportunity to join a supportive and talented team that is reinvigorating arts education in the region.
Hume Conservatorium founded in1985, is the centre for music education in the Southern Tablelands and Southern Highlands of NSW. As a member of the Association of NSW Regional Conservatoriums, it provides quality music education offering accessible programs for all ages and abilities, across all genres of music.
The Hume Con is looking for a contemporary/ classical teacher to undertake a casual teaching position (starting hours negotiable) starting in Term 3 2022 18th July. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will expand this position to a permanent part-time or even full-time position.
This position involves teaching guitar students of all ages and abilities, in individual, group and ensemble situations in both the Hume Con teaching studios and as a part of in-schools individual tuition.
Salary: Upon application
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Teach guitar to students individually or in shared lessons from beginner levels.
• Work with students ranging from primary years through to adult learners.
• Teach within In-Schools Music Program at both public and private schools in the Goulburn region.
• Be experienced preparing students for HSC Music Course 1 and 2.
• Lead an established Contemporary Guitar ensemble using Hume Con resources.
• Support and participate in Hume Con staff and student performance program
• Work with Hume Con staff, particularly the Associate director: Education and Outreach, and the Head of Contemporary Music to promote guitar in schools and the community, and to implement the Hume Con Strategic Plan for 2022-2025.
• strong experience teaching all levels of guitar individually and in groups
• be experienced working within school environments.
• be an experienced performer with the capacity to participate in performance as a soloist or ensemble musician and accompanist.
• hold appropriate qualifications in music or education or have equivalent, demonstrable professional experience.
• be prepared to work as part of a team and to share knowledge and skills.
• Hold a current driver’s license and own vehicle.
• Have current working With Children clearance.
A casual piano tutor position is also currently being advertised by Hume Con. If you are also an experienced piano tutor please see that role as these 2 roles could work together.
Applications close June 19th, 2022. Please include a covering letter, your current resume and two references. All applicants should address the criteria detailed above.
For further information please contact the Associate Director, Education and Outreach Andrew Picker, on +61(0)2 4821 8833.
Send letters of application and current curriculum vitae including three referees to (email acceptable): Andrew Picker email@example.com